Japanese Kata-gami Stencils, ca. 1900 and earlier. Donated by Florence Bacheler, Teacher of Art, ca. 1950.
Plaster Cast Collection. Purchased in the mid-twentieth century. From the Hopkins Street HPHS Art Room.
Angel from The Duomo
Japanese Chest, ca. 1873
Gift of Japanese Students to Principal Samuel Capron
Biology Chart Painted in Leipzig, 1929
Antique Silver Tilting Pitcher Set, Class of 1893.
Beautifully restored by Peter Rosati, Colonial Polishing & Refinishing,
Plantsville, CT. October 15, 2012.
Triumphant Entry of Alexander into Babylon . Late 19th century. One of twenty-two panels by the neoclassical sculptor Bertel Thorwaldsen, 1770-1844. Plaster, 61.5” x 24” x 1.5.” Formerly, this panel was located in the Hopkins Street HPHS Art Room, 1883-1963. Acquired by Robert Saunders in 1966, and donated to the HPHS Museum in 2007.
The James Goodwin Batterson Fossil Collection. Discovered in Portland, CT, in the mid-1850’s and donated to HPHS in 1883.
The world-famous Alvan Clark Telescope (1884) in the Joseph Hall Observatory atop the school.
The Projector in the Charles W.Walker Planetarium
The Antique Science Apparati Collection Has More than 150 Items
Celestial Globe, J. Schedler, ca. 1865
Spectroscope, Central Science Co., Chicago, IL
Helmholtz Double Siren